Government Child Care / Infant Care Subsidy

The child care and infant care subsidy is to help parents to defray some of the cost of child care fees and to ensure affordability and accessibility of child care services to all that require the services.

Who Can Apply

All parents with Singapore Citizen children enrolled in child care centres licensed by Early Childhood Development AgencyECDA ) will continue to be eligible for a Basic Subsidy. In addition, families with monthly household incomes of $7,500 and below are eligible for an Additional Subsidy, with lower income families receiving more. Larger families with many dependents can also choose to have their Additional Subsidy computed on a per capita income basis.

To apply for the Additional Subsidy, you should be a mother working 56 hours or more per month, have a Singapore citizen child enrolled in a licensed child/infant care centre in Singapore and your monthly household income should not exceed $7,500.

To qualify for the infant care subsidy, the infant must be a Singapore Citizen aged 2 to 18 months.

To qualify for the child care subsidy, the child must be a Singapore Citizen aged above 18 months to below 7 years old.

How To Apply

All Applications for the Basic and Additional Subsidy should be made through your child care centre. Your centre will provide you with the necessary application forms. If you are enrolling your child for the first time, you will need to declare your personal and spouse’s particulars via ECDA Form 1 & 1A.

If your child is already enrolled in the centre, you will only need to complete Form 1A to determine your eligibility for the Additional Subsidy.

The following supporting documents are required for the subsidy application

a) NRICs of parents;
b) Birth certificate of your child; and Certificate of Citizenship (if applicable)

If you are applying for the Additional Subsidy based on PCI, you will also need to complete ECDA Form 1B and provide details (NRIC/ Passport/ Birth Certificate) of all family members staying at your residential address.

If you require financial help on top of the Basic and Additional Subsidy, you can also approach your child care centre to apply for special financial assistance.

More info: 

(UPDATED 18 NOV 2018)